Manpuku is Kuni's ancestorOnly those of the proper lineage can touch the fruit of a Guardian Sapling, right? Kuni did it in the first fight against Master Anura, and Manpuku did it in the Boss Rush. Makes sense, no?
- I thought it was only those of the proper lineage could defeat Anura, not touch the fruit.
Michigami and Kyokugami are Gods of the Moon TribeIn both the Japanese and English virsuons the Moon Tribe speaks a western language (English I'n Japanese and French I'n English). Therefore Michigami and Kyokugami are perhaps the gods of the Western Zodiac. Kyokugami is Pisces and Machigami could be Libra (representing balance and judgement). Both gods are found where there is a probable connection to the Moon Tribe (Kyokugami definitely so and the River to the Heavens has that mystical gate which screams Moon Tribe style Magitec.)
Chibi didn't fix the broken mirror from Hana Valley — Ammy did.It seems reasonable enough for Amaterasu to be a keeping an eye on her son while he travels Nippon, and Chibi seems just as surprised as Kuni when the mirror is fixed — and when prompted to fix the mirror, we are never given any indication that Chibi himself is doing it.
Kuni is the reincarnation of Nagi
- Lets look at the facts, shall we?
- Reincarnation, huh? That's a nice theory. I was under the assumption that Kuni WAS Nagi. The only thing you remembered that I didn't was the fact that Kuni got an odd sense of deja vu. As for him being outside the Moon Cave, I interpreted that as Nagi having somehow gone forward in time, which wouldn't be too far fetched considering all the time traveling that's been going on. The biggest holes in my version of this theory were that Nagi was cowardly as an adult in one instance, apparently couldn't see Shiranui's markings, and didn't seem to associate Shiranui with Chibiterasu as a result. The instance of cowardice could be written off as him being surprised about where he was at (Since he was knocked out and unknowingly taken to Orochi's lair.) and the fact that he was suddenly in women's clothing... Still wouldn't explain the last two, though.
- Don't forget that Kuni himself rode around on Chibi's back for a brief period 9 months ago. The deja vu was probably from that.
Akuro is an Expy of Dark Matter.A while after beating Okamiden, I realized that these two have a fair bit in common. For one, they look similar. Both are black Eldritch Abominations with a single eye and appear to be made out of black smoke. Both desire to spread darkness across their respective universes. Finally, both make use of possession to accomplish their goals. Granted, Okamiden is much more plot-driven than Kirby is, so Akuro's a bit more well developed, but I found the similarities between these two to be very striking. If it's coincidence, it's one heck of an example.
- Not only that, but both Kirby and Chibiterasu are adorable heroes that end up fighting them at the end.
The black smoke that came out of Orochi in the first game was AkuroAkuro looks like black smoke, and he was the part of Yami in control of Orochi.
- That was more hinted at to be related to Blight, Ninetails, and the Demon Twins and Susano, Kushi, and Amaterasu were there to see the smoke rise up. They were not there when Akuro arrived though.
The baby that Kushi is pregnant with at the end is KuniAnd several years after the baby was born he strayed into a Spirit Gate to the Moon Cave.
- Jossed. In the stinger of Okami and the Art Gallery of Okamiden one can see Susano and Kushi with a son that looks very different from Kuni, resembling Susano even more than Kuni. This is likely the child Kushi is pregnant with at the end of Okamiden.
The reason for Manpuku's hunger is...Because of his hair. No, seriously. It's literal fire. And to generate it, he needs energy to burn, of course. He's LITERALLY burning calories all the time, so he constantly needs to eat. He also doesn't know how to control it so he's always hungry! No idea why he's still so tubby though.
Manpuku is only half human.He has elemental hair (Flaming Hair) like Nanami and he can somehow turn into a pot. Since his mother by all appearances looks human I'm guessing Human Mom Nonhuman Dad, and dad is associated with fire somehow.
Charity is a feederism fetishist.Yes, this is pretty disturbing. But just think about it, after being rescued and Manpuku says that he's sorry for making her work so hard all the time, Charity essentially tells him that she in fact does not mind feeding him constantly, in a manner which implies that she is shocked that he would even think that she is annoyed by it.
"I'll search the ends of the earth to feed my boy. Do you understand? I want you to eat to your heart's content, because that makes me happy."