Krieg is/will be....Conrad Verner. No, seriously. I simply developed this idea from this,, which Peptuck response is this. When you think about it, it makes sense. For now, we get this:
- Peptuck said this fic will be Lighter and Softer compared his other works, including Renegade. Simply killing (more-or-less) likeable character didn't fit with this premise, but killing and THEN resurrecting them (even if he/she got some dose of Came Back Wrong) is quite apt with the premise.
- Peptuck said that The New-U system is not introduced in the story because "how broken it is." However, there's no saying that the technology behind that system didn't exist, it could mean that the technology is exist for some degree, but can be imperfect, too expensive for practical use, the ones who have it *cough*Handsome Jack*cough* simply thinks it should be provided only to his own amusement, etc. Besides, in canon Mass Effect, Commander Shepard is going through much worse shit than Conrad, and yet Cerberus can rebuild him/her, more or less.
- The company that own New-U system in Borderlands? Hyperion. The company who doing clean up on Maliwan HQ after Roland & Co. leaves? Hyperion. The company who has the greatest interest on Conrad Verner's head content? Hyperion. Do the math.
- Gonna have a hard time getting any data from Conrad's corpse, considering an incendiary bullet went straight through his brain....
- Chapter Twelve Josses this one into the pavement. Saren is Krieg.