June is a Time Lord, and Junpei is her TARDIS.Because it's not that big of a leap to joke about.
- The real question is "can we make a sexual innuendo about that?"
- Plenty. 'Can you fit your key in the door' 'It really is bigger on the inside'note and the obvious 'let's go for a ride'.
June is B.W.
- By honing her ability to interact with the morphogenic field, she eventually discards her physical body, leading her to Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence and becoming a 4-dimensional being who would later be named Blick Winkel.
Zero gave Seven those scars
- Word of God is that Seven got his scars while fighting an evil secret organization. It also confirms that Zero really is part of a large organization as Ace guessed. Why wouldn't they be one and the same?
- More specifically, when Aoi and Akane became rich with Cradle Stock under assumed names, Seven thought that was suspicious and investigated their connection to Hongou, having a few violent encounters with minions. What he found was the complete opposite of his expectations, to say the least. Luckily for him, they needed him alive for their time-gambit to work (and probably pulled a We Can Rule Together while they were at it.)
- Jossed in the sequel. The large organization was actually an organization named Free the Soul of Y.
Gordain's game was a Reapers' Game
- Must... resist... funyarinpa... urges...
- So wait, are you saying that Gordain could bring the dead back to life?
The "knock-out gas" contains Soporil BetaIn the introductory speech about the drug, it's mentioned that it's a "practical, ethical and humane" drug used in crowd control situations by governments all over the world.
- My god, you're right! Given that The CEO of Cradle Pharmaceutical uses it on himself, and Zero gained her power via Cradle Stock...
- This isn't really a WMG since it's all but blatantly stated in-game that the gas used to kidnap the characters was in fact Soporil.
June's next boyfriend, who will not be Junpei, will know she's Zero.And he'll have a dark fetish. Gas Mask sex, ahoy!
The Zero Escape series takes place in the same universe as the Infinity series.And Cradle is an offshoot from Leibleich Pharmaceutical.
Ace's excuse for going into Door 1 would have been:Ace: Well, while we don't have the right map to illustrate this, I believe that behind door 1 is the Bridge or Captain's Quarters. It seems to be a good location for it anyway. Junpei: The Captain's... You mean Zero?! Ace: Of course. It's a worthwhile possibility in any case...
Gentarou Hongou is Akane and Aoi's father.16 children were reported kidnapped but the Nonary Game had 18 participants. I believe it was Seven and Santa who say Aoi and Akane were orphans but Seven would only know that by asking the children. Other things suggest they aren't orphans too. Aoi is dressed as someone from a private school. Junpei also knew Akane as a child and it didn't mention anything about her being an orphan (with seemingly no one to report her disappearance) which would be a pretty big deal. Even orphans have people looking after them. The only way they could have been snatched was if they were homeless (in which case they were some well groomed school attending homeless kids who apparently had very uncaring teachers) or if the one doing the snatching was the one looking after them. Ace wouldn't recognise them years later due to his prospagnosia and even Snake said Aoi's voice has changed. It would also explain why they couldn't bring themselves to kill Ace or have him kill himself despite it being clear he is the one they hate the most. I think this theory fits very well and makes the scene in the incinerator all that more heart breaking. The only thing to disprove this theory from what I can see is Akane's surname...Maybe their mother did die and they took her name out of respect/dislike of their uncaring father.
- Jossed by Zero Time Dilemma as we learn their parents' fate.
Ace is Handsome Jack.Look at this picture and tell me you can't see the resemblance.◊
- Her capture by Hongou was necessary to unlock her kool powerz, and, by extension, to save the world and continue the chain of esper stewards. (Unknown Esper awakens June, who awakens Phi, ensuring the world's continued safety from things like Radical-6.) June's retrieval of the trinket seems like too random a variable to be left up to chance.
Snake and Clover's parents are manga fansThat is why they specifically named them Yotsuba&! and Light.
- Except that Snake was already eighteen years old when Death Note was published, and Clover was 12 when Yotsuba was published. At least, assuming the game takes place around the time it was released, which the pop culture references strongly imply. (Junpei quoting The Dark Knight means the game couldn't have taken place any earlier than 2008.)
- The sequel took place around 2029, 2 years after 999, so their birthdates aren't a problem.
Ace is an EsperWhy else would he build a death trap for a ship, kidnap 18 children, and set up the Nonary Game to test the Morphogenetic Field, if he couldn't even access it?
Voice actors for the HD remakeAce: I'm almost certain that's Richard Epcar.
Snake: I have no clue.
Santa: Confirmed as Sean Chiplock in this tweet.
Clover: Wendee Lee's back, baby!
Junpei: As is Evan Smith!
June/Akane: And Rena Strober!
Seven: Also no clue.
Lotus: Uh... Marcella Lentz-Pope?
9th Man: Also no clue.