The Firebird isn't evilIt's just a nature spirit responsible for destruction. Note how he just burned the trees and not killed the elk.
- Makes sense to me. I guess this would be designated as Obliviously Evil mixed with Blue and Orange Morality. I personally think, however, that part of the rampage might have been because it was ticked at being woken up.
- That's part of the WMG about the "Friends and the the High Council" WMG and its wiki "Disney War"…
The Firebird will appear in Kingdom HeartsWishful thinking yes, but Chernabog was a random boss fight and a lot of people enjoyed it. Though if the bird was a character in the game, I doubt a boss fight would really fit the mood, more of a race against time ordeal.
The Devil from Fantasia is the Greater Scope Villain of the Disney multiverse and commands all the other villainsIt is he who whispers in the ears of villains like Jafar, Ursula, Scar, Cruella de Vil, Frollo, Maleficent and the others, inspiring them to commit their evil deeds. And they don't even know he's doing it. He's that subtle.
- Well, he is supposed to be Satan, and that's what Satan does...
- Okay but what about Hades. They both seem to be Satanic Archetype's. So how it work between them ?
- Given where Hades came from, it's possible that he's exempt from this category due to predating Satan by a longshot.
- Adding to this theory, he's not just limiting himself to villains anymore; he's the one who stoked Queen Elsa's fears and encouraged her and her parents to lock her away.
- All that is pretty much part of the "Friends and the High Council" theory.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice was All Just a Dream.Either that or Mickey Mouse had an Acid Reflux Nightmare.
Chernabog and the Firebird are the same beingMore specifically this being living in a mountain is a variation of Gods Need Prayer Badly which is based on whatever the residents fear. The first incarnation years in the past is a satanic being repelled by prayer while the second is influenced by contemporary fears of deforestation and fights the dominant earth deity. Supported by the locations appearing to be the same with the ending shot of fantasia through the trees being reversed in the ending shot of Fantasia 2000 backing up through the trees.
- And yes I know they are most likely in Germany and the Northwestern US respectively but considering the location change this could be in line with American Gods changing over continents. OR maybe they are distant cousins.
- Alternative it's like a Yin/Yang situation, like with many nature spirits. For some time it is a dark demon, for some time it is a fiery phoenix.
Yen Sid was putting his apprentice through a magical equivalent of Wax On, Wax Off.Yen Sid wanted the apprentice to use magic to speed up the task. It was a test. A test he failed.
- On the other hand, he looks slightly pleased at the very end when he swats Mickey on the butt with the broom to send him back to work. Maybe the Apprentice didn't fail at all...maybe the lesson wasn't "Use magic to do your chores quickly" but "Here's why you shouldn't play with this stuff."
The two birds in the "Claire de Lune" segment are The Admiral and the Princess.
Chernobog has a reason to celebrate...The film was released at the same time that a period known as the "phony war" was coming to an end. Perhaps Chernabog is looking forward to what's coming?
Possible music for another Fantasia.Music pieces that Disney has yet to use in any other picture:
- The Blue Danube (as the abstract opening number)
- Moonlight Sonata
- Hungarian Rhapsody