Emily and Victoria are sisters.
Think about it. According to Emily's story, her family was very wealthy until Barkis killed her and took all of the money. Meanwhile, the Everglots are revealed to be going through a recession after losing all of their money. Don't you think there's a connection between these two subplots?
- Perhaps, if not sisters, given Emily seemed to have been dead for some time, but at least cousins with Emily being born to the Everglots' older sibling.
- Maybe Victoria wasn't born yet when Emily died.
- Barkess is still alive so Emily's death had to be fairly recent.
- But maybe Barkess was younger when Emily died.
- Wouldn't have Emily said something when she saw Victoria?
- Not if she didn't recognize her. Plus, keep in mind that dead people can't age.
The Corpse Bride is a sequel to Frankenweenie.
Both films star a protagonist called Victor, and age aside, they look virtually identical.
- I presume amnesia and a time machine are somehow involved...
- Or Frankenweenie is a sequel to The Corpse Bride, and F's Victor is a descendant of CB's Victor.
- Add in Nightmare Before Christmas as a sequel to The Corpse Bride. Tim Burton once said "All stories have a beginning, a middle, and an end, but not always in that order."
Victor and Victoria will have a daughter named Emily
Emily was very important to both of them and this would make for a Heartwarming Moment