A simple flash game with a basic platformer setup. The hero needs to jump around and save his girl. The catch? The girl is a zombie. The gameplay involves getting the girl through obstacle courses into her cage to be contained fighting off other zombies if need be avoiding touching her at all. It's up to the player to Earn Your Happy Ending!It has two sequels: I Saw Her Too, With Lasers, a puzzle game; and I Saw Her Across the World, based more around exploration.
This game contains examples of
- And Then John Was a Zombie: The girl and the player at the end of the game.
- Book Ends: The first two games' endings and beginnings take place on a flat plane where you have no choice but to die.
- Boy Meets Ghoul
- Escort Mission: Some puzzles require that you protect the girl zombie - the second game is mostly about getting the boy zombie to the girl safely, or vice versa, without having them getting eaten or disintegrated.
- Fission Mailed: You have to go to the girl and die on the first level and the last.
- Foreshadowing: The game's story is told in a pseudo-hulk speak throughout the game and the story is in past tense becoming a zombie destroyed the hero's grammar.
- Hulk Speak: The games narration is told in simple sentences with no regard to capitalization most of the time.
- It Can Think: Zombies are in fact capable of love. And making pancakes.
- Last of His Kind: The protagonist is implied to be the last human. Near confirmed at the ending of the game, when he gets turned into a zombie it says "All of the humans are dead."
- Non-Action Guy: The protagonist is unarmed for half the game but gets a gun to fight off the other zombies later.
- No Zombie Cannibals: The green zombies won't hurt the girl. The sequel does away with this, though the scientist you play as only describes them as 'filling the [victim] with despair.
- Paranormal Romance
- Stick Figure Game: The art style is minimalistic to say the least.
- Would Be Rude to Say "Genocide": The zombies kill all of the humans by the games end. Though it's likely that that's because the player was the last human.
- Zombie Infectee: Double Subverted If you touch the girl or any other zombie during the game you just die. But in the end the girl touches the hero and he becomes a zombie.