TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Cobalt is an action game of running, jumping, rolling, shooting, throwing, dancing, hacking, rolling, flying, sliding, climbing, looting, deflecting, racing, pinata-ing, passing, scoring... and even more rolling!
— Official description of Cobalt
Cobalt is a Platform Shooter
by Oxeye Game Studio in collaboration with Mojang
and music by Anosou Music. The game is currently in open alpha
, but has a surprisingly high quality for such. You play Cobalt, a kind of cyborg called a Metalface, running and rolling around a map shooting things.
Currently has five playable game types, with at least three more planned.
- Challenge: Time-Attack style maps where you roll, jump and shoot your way through obstacle courses.
- Deathmatch: Sorted into teams, you and an assortment of other players and bots try to rake in the most kills.
- Capture The Plug: Two teams square off trying to get the plug back to your own plug.
- Survival: You and another player fight off escalating waves robots and local wildlife.
- Bounty: Similar to Deathmatch, but the goal is to gather as much Vendor Trash as possible and convert it to Volts. First to reach the goal wins!
Can be pre-ordered here
Cobalt provides examples of:
...and more rolling!