Cobalt is an action game of running, jumping, rolling, shooting, throwing, dancing, hacking, rolling, flying, sliding, climbing, looting, deflecting, racing, pinata-ing, passing, scoring... and even more rolling!
— Official description of Cobalt
Cobalt is a Platform Shooter
by Oxeye Game Studio in collaboration with Mojang
and music by Anosou Music. The game is currently in open alpha
, but has a surprisingly high quality for such. You play Cobalt, a kind of cyborg called a Metalface, running and rolling around a map shooting things.
Currently has five playable game types, with at least three more planned.
- Challenge: Time-Attack style maps where you roll, jump and shoot your way through obstacle courses.
- Deathmatch: Sorted into teams, you and an assortment of other players and bots try to rake in the most kills.
- Capture The Plug: Two teams square off trying to get the plug back to your own plug.
- Survival: You and another player fight off escalating waves robots and local wildlife.
- Bounty: Similar to Deathmatch, but the goal is to gather as much Vendor Trash as possible and convert it to Volts. First to reach the goal wins!
Can be pre-ordered here
Cobalt provides examples of:
...and more rolling!