Video Game: The Reap
The Reap is a diagonal arcade-stype shooter in the style of Zaxxon. It was released in 1997 to the PC, developed by Housemarque Games Inc. and published by Take 2 Interactive Software Europe.The plot is rather bare bones, but it involves aliens invading Earth, destroying its defences, and killing off their leader. You play one of the aliens.
The Reap contains the following:
- Alien Invasion: You are one of the aliens.
- Deadly Disc: The first boss is a tank with a buzzsaw in front. It uses the saw to spray burning sparks at you.
- Segmented Serpent
- Spread Shot: The "Blue Plasma" weapon. It fires out one shot, upgrade it and it gets three, upgrade it again and it fires five.
- Threatening Shark: You fight hammerhead sharks in the second set of levels.
- Villain Protagonist: As mentioned, you are an alien invader sent to destroy earth's defences.
- Visual Effects of Awesome