Star Trek Pinball is a Digital Pinball Table developed by SCI (Sales Curve Interactive) Ltd. It was released in 1997 by Interplay Entertainment for the IBM Personal Computer.As the title indicates, this title consists of three original pinball tables associated with Star Trek: The Original Series, accompanied by sounds and images from the show:
- "To Boldly Go": The player is James T. Kirk, who must prove his worth as a Starfleet Captain while an assortment of love interests watch on.
- "Qapla'": Named after the Klingon word for "success", the player is a Klingon warrior being tested at pinball.
- "Nemesis": In an echo of the Federation-Klingon conflict, this game mirrors the playfield lengthwise and pits two players against each other.
Star Trek Pinball demonstrates the following tropes:
- Beard of Evil: The Klingons in "Qapla'" each have one.
- Bold Explorer: "To Boldly Go" is supposedly about this.
- Boldly Coming: Heavily suggested by "To Boldly Go", with the playfield dominated by a leering James Kirk and a half-dozen wary women.
- Competitive Multiplayer/Player Versus Player: In "Nemesis".
- Fixed Camera
- Foreign Language Title: "Qapla'".
- Guide Dang It: Good luck understanding the rules without one.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: "Qapla'" is filled with Klingon voice clips.
- Licensed Game: Unfortunately.
- Mirror Match: Done literally in "Nemesis", which mirrors the two halves of the playfield left-to-right.
- Obvious Beta: Not only does the game crash frequently, but a note in the package mentions that the advertised network multiplayer option was removed from the final release.