Video Game / Runaway: A Road Adventure
Runaway: A Road Adventure
was published by Dinamic Multimedia, S.A., developed by Péndulo Studios, S.L., and released in 2001.
For New Yorker, Brian Basco, scientific study and having a career in Applied Physics is everything! He is as "excited as a kid in a candy store" when his application for a position at the University of Berkeley is accepted. Before setting out on the long trip from New York to California, Brian remembers one last errand to do. Little does he know that this slight detour would change his life, and his life style, forever!
Minding his own business driving along the New York streets on the way to a bookstore, he cannot avoid hitting the beautiful girl who runs out in front of his car! He does the right thing and takes her to the hospital. When she comes to, he learns that she witnessed a murder and that vicious gangsters are after her! Because Brian helped her, his life is also in danger! And so the story of Brian and Gina begins...
In this point-and-click adventure, you play Brian in 3rd person as he figures out how to avoid and escape the Mafia-like thugs chasing them. Their travels will take them to a variety of different places (a Museum, the Arizona desert etc.) during the six game chapters. Put your thinking cap on to solve situations and puzzles using objects and conversation with people they meet.
The game features drawn cartoon-like 2D and 3D graphics and cut-scenes. Its original soundtrack includes over 24 songs. Interact with almost 30 different characters with interesting, and often comical, personalities. Find and use a multitude of items that can be manipulated within the inventory window.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Brian Basco.
- The Atoner: Oscar claims to have a troubled and dark past but he is found and put in the right path by Mama Dorita.
- Bare Your Midriff: Gina wears an outfit that bares her midriff. In the desert area which is fitting considering it's hot there.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Joshua is an odd character who believes he can make contact with aliens in the desert. After helping him setting all his machines a strange beam of light abducts him in the middle of a crater. leaving a surprised Brian very freaked out.
- Easter Egg: Sushi has a Hollywood Monsters poster in her workplace, also you can see the protagonist of that game in a coffin in Mama Dorita's house.
- Foreshadowing: When you talk to Carla, she tells you to not trust in Gina. She was right.
- Gentle Giant: Oscar count as one.
- Ghost Town: Douglasville.
- Hidden Depths: Lula the Drag Queen is an ex-pro basquetball player and Carla a former marine soldier and pilot.
- The Mafia: Gina Timmins witnessed these guys commit a murder. Now she and Brian Basco are on the run from them.
- Moon Logic Puzzle
- Nerd: Brian Basco starts out as this.
- Pixel Hunt: A lot of small objets in this game are well hidden in the scenery so you will need to scan every last part of the screen to avoid been stuck.
- Playful Hacker: Sushi.
- The Stoner: Rutger.