Video Game: Replica Island
Replica Island is a free Platform Game for Android.Your character is a small green robot created by Dr. Kabochanomizu to find The Source, a mysterious artifact apparently responsible for the creation of the island both are in.However, Dr. Kabochanomizu is not the only one looking for The Source. The Rokudou Corporation has also been sending agents to find The Source. One of them was Dr. Kabochanomizu himself, before he became insane.
This game provides examples of:
- Anachronic Order / In Medias Res: When the game starts, Android has lost its memories. The "past" stages are played out of order (in the order they are remembered), interspersed with the "present" stages, which are played in chronological order.
- Apocalyptic Log: The old diaries from Dr. Kabochanomizu.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Mr. Rokudou.
- Deadly Dodging: The way you defeat Kyle.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Dr. Kabochanomizu.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: All stages are named "Memory #xxx", numbered in chronological order.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: The game starts In Medias Res with Wanda helping to restore Android just after it had been defeated by Kyle. Later in the game (earlier chronologically) you play this fight, and obviously there is no way you can win it.
- Jerkass: Kyle.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Kabochanomizu.
- Mega Corp.: Rokudou Corporation.
- Multiple Endings: At the end of the game, you have to chose between Kabocha and Rokudou. Or you can Take a Third Option to find the good ending.
- Take a Third Option: To get the good ending, instead of chosing either Kabocha or Rokudou, Android has to destroy The Source.
- The Faceless: Mr. Rokudou.
- The Speechless: Android has no lines of dialog.
- Tutorial Level: The first few memories are of Android just after being activated for the first time, and have Dr. Kabochanomizu teaching it all its techniques. Includes He Knows About Timed Hits.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Mr. Rokudou.