Video Game: Mad Karate Man
So what happens when you take the bonus stage of Street Fighter II and Nanaca Crash, and add a dash of Toss The Turtle and a pinch of Karoshi?Go on, take a guess.From the minds of NinjaKiwi and Big Lizard Games, Mad Karate Man takes you on a wild ride as we meet the eponymous character on a journey of endurance and rite of maturity that no Shinto text ever covered: running around beating up salarymen and blasting them off the face of the earth. Of course, he has to start small, but with the upgrading system (with 16 categories to improve!), he can eventually achieve his personal nirvana, and businesses' collective living hell.Can be found on Newgrounds here.
Tropes in this online game:
- Attack Its Weak Point: The salaryman has two; one on the head, and one...well....
- Briefcases Are Useless: In the beginning the briefcase is rather durable as your stats are fairly weak. After a few enhancements to strengthen the Karate Man's hitting power and to weaken the structural integrity of the briefcase, however, it's played straight.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Karate Man essentially delivers this to the salaryman, briefcase be damned.
- Groin Attack
- Hot-Blooded: The titular character, from how he regards the guys he comes across.
- Kamehame Hadouken
- Made of Explodium: The cars and trash cans / oil barrels that litter the street.
- Martial Arts Do Not Work That Way: But at least they obey the Rule of Cool!
- Ninjas: One specific type of obstacle.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Shoryuken: And that's just the beginning.
- Speed Stripes: During the timed beatdown phase of the launch.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Beating the crap out of businessmen has never been more fun.