Video Game: Lyle in Cube Sector
- OHNO! LYLE'S KITTY HAS BEEN STOLENED
AND NOW HE MUST JOURNEY THROUGH THE
WONKED OUT LANDS OF THE CUBESECTOR TO
RETRIEVE HIS MEOWMEOW COMPANION!
This work contains the following tropes:
- Breaking Out: The second boss.
- Checkpoint Starvation: there aren't any. While there is a teleportation room next to the starting location, various areas and in particular the second and third boss are far, far away from any of these.
- Collision Damage: Wait for cubes to stop bouncing before you touch them.
- The latest version makes bouncing cubes harmless.
- Drought Level of Doom: The gauntlet before the last boss, it has one HP and CP powerup each at the very end. If you enter the next room and immediately turn back, these will respawn.
- Excuse Plot
- Grimy Water: Green toxic waste will kill you instantly, as opposed to the red lava.
- Ground Pound: The final boss uses these.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:Caution: Large Pointy Thing
- Improbable Weapon User
- Item Get: You get a brief description of what you can do with an item.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Why can't Lyle climb over the blocks he would otherwise have to kick?
- Because his head is too big to fit through the gap.
- Kick The Cat
- Nintendo Hard
- Spikes of Doom
- Weird American Thing
- With This Herring
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: Don't attack the cow or the baby bird any more than is necessary to get their respective powerups. They fight back.