- OHNO! LYLE'S KITTY HAS BEEN STOLENED
AND NOW HE MUST JOURNEY THROUGH THE
WONKED OUT LANDS OF THE CUBESECTOR TO
RETRIEVE HIS MEOWMEOW COMPANION!
This work contains the following tropes:
- Boss Arena Idiocy:
- Klobbur's arena's ceiling is made of blue cubes, one of which doesn't get destroyed when it lands, just so you can hit him with it.
- Psychovyle's arena's floor crumbles every time he uses his super ground pound.
- Breaking Out: The second boss.
- Checkpoint Starvation: there aren't any. While there is a teleportation room next to the starting location, various areas and in particular the second and third boss are far, far away from any of these.
- Chain Reaction Destruction: The bosses die like this.
- Collision Damage: Wait for cubes to stop bouncing before you touch them.
- The latest version makes bouncing cubes harmless.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Enemies all go out in explosive ways. Psychovyle's death explosion actually propels Lyle out of the pit the two fell in after the final boss fight.
- Drought Level of Doom: The gauntlet before the last boss, although it has gold cubes containing CP-restoring powerups scattered about and two gold cubes with HP and CP powerups at the very end. If you enter the next room and immediately turn back, these will respawn.
- Excuse Plot
- Grimy Water: Green toxic waste will kill you instantly, as opposed to the red lava, which just does one point of damage.
- Ground Pound: Psychovyle uses these and does a particularly powerful one when you hit him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:CAUTION: LARGE POINTY THING
- Improbable Weapon User
- Item Get!: You get a brief description of what you can do with an item.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Cube: Why can't Lyle climb over the blocks he would otherwise have to kick?
- Because his head is too big to fit through the gap.
- Kick The Cat
- Nintendo Hard
- Spikes of Doom
- Tactical Suicide Boss: Most of the bosses tend to have an attack that winds up biting them.
- Klobbur would be invincible if he didn't ram the walls and drop a cube from the ceiling for you to kick/throw into him.
- Buggzy is the Breakout boss mentioned above and would also be unhittable if he didn't shoot a bounceable green shot.
- Psychovyle smashes the floor with enough force to damage it with the super ground pound he does when you hit him with a cube after stunning him. Even more ridiculous, he runs directly into the electric beams that stun him.
- Weird American Thing
- With This Herring
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: Don't attack the cow or the baby bird any more than is necessary to get their respective powerups. They fight back.