Video Game / Junk Jack
mining game made by the Pix Bits
that came out in November of 2011, inspired by Minecraft with a few nods to Terraria. A sequel, Junk Jack X
, came out on August 28, 2013, (incidentally the same day that Terraria iOS came out).
Junk Jack provides examples of:
- Acid Pool: Generates on the surface of Xeno as well as underground on said planet.
- Adorable Evil Minions: Monkeys on Alba. Certain varieties will kill the player easily.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Certain mobs drop clothing items. Subverted because most of them provide useful abilities, like reduced lava damage, better luck, and extra damage dealt to mobs.
- Holly Wood Acid: Partially averted. Although it will kill the players when initially found on planet Xeno, the player can become immune to it with the right gear.
- Ladder Physics
- Lava Adds Awesome: You can use it as a light source, as a trap for other players in multiplayer, to kill mobs in your mob traps, as a method of transportation, etc.
- Rainbow Pimp Gear: Much of the clothing is this trope.
- Serial Escalation: First, you go around punching trees to get wood. Then you build the first shelter and do some mining before cowering from the slimes, zombies, and spiders in your home in the night. Before long, you're traveling between worlds, coming up with traps to farm loot from mobs, making massive castles, and using lava to get around.
- Unobtainium: Mithril, Antanium, Titanium, and Galvanium.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can kill piglets. 'Nuff said.