"In this game, a man finds himself trapped in a hospital. Find the keys to unlock the doors and escape."I See You is an indie horror game. As the above quote indicates, the game is based on an unnamed protagonist waking up in an empty hospital. However, it soon turns out the hospital is not quite so empty...The game can be downloaded here.
—The creator's description of the game
This game provides examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: The entire game takes place inside a hospital(or perhaps a mental asylum). The player never encounters another person throughout the game.
- Alien Geometries / Eldritch Location: Throughout the game the player will notice that the path they just came from is now blocked by a solid wall or that every time they pass through a door they're brought back to the same room. Near the end of the game, doors are blocked with an organic matter and even later there are entire rooms covered with flesh containing mouths and eyes. There's even a part where the it creeps along the floor towards the player as they try to leave the morgue.
- Always Night: When the player looks out the windows all they can see is darkness. In the new version there's rain outside at the beginning of the game but you still can't see anything else.
- Being Watched: The premise of the game, as the title indicates, is that someone (or something) is watching you.
- Bloody Bowels of Hell: The final part of the game takes place while the hospital is slowly being turned into this.
- Empty Room Psych: There are a lot of empty rooms in the game where there are no events.
- The End... Or Is It?: At the end of the game the Big Bad comes at you and the game closes. Only for the player to realize he can't move his mouse. Then some images appear in the player's web browser and the game opens up for a few more seconds depicting strange surreal scenes.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: In a later part of the game there are eyes on the walls.
- Giant Eye of Doom: Appears at a couple points during the game, usually on a wall. At the end of the game, the eye hijacks your computer and talks directly to the player.
- Humanoid Abomination: The Big Bad looks like a floating featureless corpse but can sprout eyes all over its body and grow long blood-red claws. When you first see it it has a mouth that's opening and closing on its face.
- Jump Scare: There are a few of these, mostly consisting of the Humanoid Abomination popping up and charging at you.
- Lamprey Mouth: Some of the monsters have grow these when they attack you.
- No Fourth Wall: From the beginning, the abomination uses the pop-up tutorial boxes to taunt the player. It later hijacks the game, make fake error messages pop up.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The first part of the game is built on this, with you alone in a dark abandoned hospital with nothing but eerie music. Then the Jump Scares start...
- Room Full of Crazy: You find one about two-thirds of the way through the game. Immediately afterwards, all hell (of a sort) breaks loose.