Video Game / Galatea
Galatea is an interactive fiction where you play an art critic at an art show. Beyond that, the game varies wildly with how you interact with Galatea, an exhibit at the show.Can be played here.
Contains examples of:
- Driven to Suicide: The artist.
- Multiple Endings: Ranging from getting depressed about cancer, to the artist being behind the curtain controlling Galatea, to you getting kicked out by security for tearing down said curtain. In all, there's around seventy different endings.
- No Infantile Amnesia: Commented upon, where the title character says she remembers how she was constructed, while others don't remember how they were born.
- Pygmalion Plot: In fact, this is how the game got its name.
- Sense Freak: In the "Stilton" ending, where Galatea tries food for the first time.
- Speech-Centric Work: The game is mainly chatting with Galatea.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: The main character is an art critic specializing in animates, humanoid pieces with artificial intelligence. At the beginning of the game, he believes Galatea is one.