Video Game: EOE: Eve Of Extinction
aka: Eve Of Extinction
A Beat 'em Up Video Game
published in early 2002 on the PlayStation 2
. The main gimmick was the ability to switch weapons mid-combo.
The story concerns a young man named Josh Calloway who's girlfriend Eliel is transformed into a type of weapon known as a "Legacy". As a result he turns on his former employers, the Wisdom Corperation, and goes after his former boss Agla in order to recover a chip which will reverse the process.No relation to End of Evangelion
- Aerith and Bob: The bosses clearly just have codenames, however our hero Josh is opposed by the likes of Zera and Agla and aided by his girlfriend Eliel.
- Bag of Spilling: Roughly 2/3 of the way through the game, there's a level where a boss steals your weapon chips and hands them out to his Elite Mooks.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Zera performs one in a cutscene. It's the first sign she's not quite human.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Agla is a textbook example.
- The Dragon: Zera, played with in that Alga wields her rather than just having her fight the player.
- Elemental Tiers: Each weapon has a specific element and is also more powerful than the one that came before it.
- Energy Weapon: All Legacy weapons looked like this.
- Equippable Ally: Eliel and every other Legacy weapon.
- Final Exam Boss: Agla's is invincible to any Legacy weapon other than the one that matches the color he changes to.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: You had the option...
- MacGuffin: The memory chip which will turn Eliel back.
- Man Behind the Man: Agla's assistant Zera turns out to be the original Legacy weapon.
- Megamanning: You collect each different weapon mode's chip by taking it from the boss who was carrying it.
- Morph Weapon: The game's main attraction is the ability to switch Eliel's forms between several different weapons mid combo. Each one also had its own elemental powers and special ability.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Agla's Evil Plan is to use the power of his and Josh's weapons to destroy the world and himself with it.
- Orichalcum: Part of what makes up the Legacy weapons.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: All Legacy weapons need to have a human soul bound to them.
- Press X to Not Die: The game has cutscenes like this. Failure normally just knocks off a bit of your health bar and forces you to try again.