Video Game / Disney Princess Magical Jewels
Disney Princess: Magical Jewels
is a Disney Princess Video Game
exclusively for the Nintendo DS
In the Kingdom of Kindness, things were very peaceful until an Evil Queen stole the Magical Jewels, which kept the land safe. Now the Kingdom of Kindness is beginning to crumble, and it's up to Spryte, a guardian fairy, to set things right. To do this, she travels to the lands of Disney Princesses to search for the jewels.
Gameplay is entirely stylus-based, with the player clicking and dragging Spryte and the princesses around, while opening doors and throwing switches to progress. Gems must be collected in each world to open the exit, while each level has three trinkets to find that can grant bonuses. At times, the Evil Queen will steal one of the jewels and Spryte must chase her down and recover it. The game is very short, but also very cute—everyone in the game is in chibi form.
Featured princesses are Cinderella from Cinderella
, and Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
, Belle from Beauty and the Beast
, and Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
. Ariel from The Little Mermaid
and Jasmine from Aladdin
are also seen in bonus minigames.
Other games in the series include Disney Princess
, Disney Princess Enchanted Journey
and Disney Princess My Fairytale Adventure
This game provides examples of:
- Animation Bump: Jasmine has the most detailed character model in the game.
- Escort Mission: The whole game is Spryte escorting the princesses around and helping them collect gems.
- Fun Size: Everyone in the game is a chibi, including the Evil Queen.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Spryte is completely naked except for a headdress.
- An Ice Person: The Evil Queen can shoot ice bolts at Spryte and create clouds of frost. On higher difficulty levels, getting hit drains the gem meter.
- Original Generation: Spryte and the Evil Queen are original characters.
- Role Reprisal: Paige O'Hara returns to voice Belle.
- Timed Mission: The final Evil Queen battle has a two-minute time limit.