Video Game: Disney Princess
Disney Princess is a Game Boy Advance video game about the Disney Princess line.Featured princesses are Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella from Cinderella, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Jasmine from Aladdin.The player guides each of the princesses through worlds based on their movies. There are minigames to play and boss fights to overcome, as well as a healthy dose of exploration.Other games in the series include Disney Princess Enchanted Journey, Disney Princess Magical Jewels and Disney Princess My Fairytale Adventure.
This game contains examples of:
- Action Girl: All of the princesses, even Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.
- Bonus Level: There's a bonus game where the princesses collect gems.
- Blackout Basement: One portion of Belle's world is dark until Lumiere can light it.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Aurora's level has color puzzles.
- Improbable Weapon User: Belle fends off wolves with snowballs, and Cinderella uses her broom as a weapon.
- Magic Music: Snow White can calm trees, scare away spiders and bats, and free the Dwarfs from being turned into stone by singing.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Aurora's world describes, in text form, that Aurora was kidnapped and saved by the fairies right before the battle with Maleficent.
- Password Save: Passwords are given at the end of every chapter.
- Platform Game
- Rhythm Game: Cinderella's world ends with a danceoff against her stepsisters.
- Shock and Awe: Ariel uses Triton's trident to shoot lightning bolts at enemies.
- Taken for Granite: The Dwarfs have been turned into stone in Snow White's world.
- Technical Pacifist: Snow White doesn't fight directly, but once the Dwarfs are freed she can summon them to fight against the Queen.
- Throw the Book at Them: Belle defeats Gaston by dropping books on his head.
- Timed Mission: Part of Belle's world gives you ten minutes to find and free her friends, and Cinderella's world gives you ten minutes to clean the house and find Lady Tremaine's items.
- The boss fight with Gaston is also this; if you take too long to hit him with a book, he'll catch Belle's friends and defeat you.
- Took a Level in Badass: The more passive princesses are playable, and all of them save Snow White directly defeat their movie's villain.
- Water Level: Ariel's world.