Video Game: Disney Princess
is a Game Boy Advance
video game about the Disney Princess
Featured princesses are Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
, Cinderella from Cinderella
, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
, Ariel from The Little Mermaid
, Belle from Beauty and the Beast
, and Jasmine from Aladdin
The player guides each of the princesses through worlds based on their movies. There are minigames to play and boss fights to overcome, as well as a healthy dose of exploration.
Other games in the series include Disney Princess Enchanted Journey
, Disney Princess Magical Jewels
and Disney Princess My Fairytale Adventure
This game contains examples of:
- Action Girl: All of the princesses, even Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.
- Bonus Level: There's a bonus game where the princesses collect gems.
- Blackout Basement: One portion of Belle's world is dark until Lumiere can light it.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Aurora's level has color puzzles.
- Improbable Weapon User: Belle fends off wolves with snowballs, and Cinderella uses her broom as a weapon.
- Magic Music: Snow White can calm trees, scare away spiders and bats, and free the Dwarfs from being turned into stone by singing.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Aurora's world describes, in text form, that Aurora was kidnapped and saved by the fairies right before the battle with Maleficent.
- Password Save: Passwords are given at the end of every chapter.
- Platform Game
- Rhythm Game: Cinderella's world ends with a danceoff against her stepsisters.
- Shock and Awe: Ariel uses Triton's trident to shoot lightning bolts at enemies.
- Taken for Granite: The Dwarfs have been turned into stone in Snow White's world.
- Technical Pacifist: Snow White doesn't fight directly, but once the Dwarfs are freed she can summon them to fight against the Queen.
- Throw the Book at Them: Belle defeats Gaston by dropping books on his head.
- Timed Mission: Part of Belle's world gives you ten minutes to find and free her friends, and Cinderella's world gives you ten minutes to clean the house and find Lady Tremaine's items.
- The boss fight with Gaston is also this; if you take too long to hit him with a book, he'll catch Belle's friends and defeat you.
- Took a Level in Badass: The more passive princesses are playable, and all of them save Snow White directly defeat their movie's villain.
- Water Level: Ariel's world.