Video Game: Constant C
Constant C is a Puzzle Platformer game, developed by the International Games System and released on March 11, 2014. The player assumes the role of a Rescue Robot who arrives onto a research space station. It quickly finds that the experiments on the space station have resulted in time completely stopped on the station, and the only place where time flows is in a bubble around the robot. Soon, it meets the stationís controlling AI and obtains an artefact that allows it to control gravity. The investigation can now beginÖNeeds Wiki Magic Love.
Constant C provides examples of the following tropes:
- Apocalyptic Log: Stationís AI will unlock recordings of the past if you bringdescribe the experiments that took place and how they led to your current mess.
- Collection Sidequest: The AIís data cells, which are collected as the optional objectives for each room. Each will expand on the story by providing a certain recording of a space station before the time has stopped.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Rescue Robot will always explode at death.
- Schizophrenic Difficulty: A single room can have a trivial standard solution and a very difficult optional objective, for example. Difficulty of other puzzles also varies a lot.
- Fricking Laser Beams: There are plenty of deadly lasers around the station. All of them are perfectly visible, even though youíre on a sterile space station. Maybe Rescue Robot can see in infrared?
- Gravity Sucks: Averted. When Robot gets the artefact allowing for the manipulation of gravity, it functions as a gradually strengthening field around it.
- Notice This: Objects that can be interacted with are highlighted.
- One Hitpoint Wonder: Everything that will destroy Rescue Robot will do so the first time around. This includes falling from several metresí height.
- Required Secondary Powers: Averted. The ability to make time flow around you is generally good, but there is also no way to turn it off. This means that Robot can end up crushed by previously-still blocks if he comes close enough to them to make their time flow again.
- Time Master: Rescue Robot, unwittingly. It can have time flow in a bubble around him, but itís unable to stop or modify that flow in any way.