is a short indie freeware horror game created by Goos Entertainment, a development group composed by Ivan Zanotti (The creator of Imscared
), RevoLabs (The creator of 7Days
) and Bellini Virgil.
You are a person who lives in a small house in the countryside, far away from civilization. There, silence and quietness are the norm, and only the wind and the birds break that silence from time to time. Still, things can get lonely from time to time, so you have invited some people to the house for a party. Everything seems to be going pretty well during the party.
Then shit hits the fan without warning and everybody finds themselves trapped in a house far away from any source of help, their lives at the stake.
The game can be downloaded here
, if you dare experience it for yourself.
Be warned: The game takes an unexpected twist early on, so there will be a high amount of spoilers ahead
. For the best possible experience with this game, players should tackle it not knowing what happens.
This game provides examples of:
- Infant Immortality: Averted. One of the people invited to the party is a little kid, and he is just as vulnerable as the rest of the guests.
- Knife Nut: The killer's weapon of choice is a kitchen knife.
- Lights Off, Somebody Dies: Inverted. First, the first victim dies, then the lights turn off.
- Mythology Gag: You can find a painting in the top part of the house. The painting features Whiteface, or something resembling it.
- Nothing Is Scarier: After the death of the first victim, the peaceful sounding music that was playing until that moment abruptly stops, and the game remains devoid of music all the way to the end, occasional Scare Chords aside.
- Scare Chord: After the lights go off in the house, piano chords may randomly play during the game. They are there to keep the player tense.
- Ten Little Murder Victims: The basic premise of the game.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In the end, the killer manages to get all of the victims.
- Book Ends: The game begins and ends with your charater's monologue.
- But Thou Must: There is no way to hand Elena the kitchen knife. You HAVE to stab her.
- Creepy Basement: The house's basement contains the corpse of a woman chained to the wall.
- Dissonant Serenity: Your character.
- Foreshadowing: "You don't look like a bad person. I like you!"
- Gorn: Stabbing someone results in their sprite changing to reflect the injury. Stab them again and they will fall down to the ground and begin moving much slower (unless it's the little kid, who dies in two hits anyway).
- Jump Scare: The ghost lady. She randomly appears outside your field of vision, when you get spotted by the guests, or when you murder somebody.
- Karmic Death: The ghost woman either kills or drives the killer into A Fate Worse Than Death at the end of the game.
- Kill 'em All
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The ghost of the girl who died in the basement constantly haunts the player through the game.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: The guests will leave splatters of blood every now and then while they're attempting to crawl away. It's actually baffling how the little kid's body can hold so much blood.
- Surprise Creepy: The game starts off peacefully. Then, you acquire the kitchen knife. It only gets worse after you turn off the power, because the ghost lady will begin stalking you.
- Stalker with a Crush: The ghost lady appears to be wearing a gown. Perhaps she was your wife?
- Villain Protagonist: The player is the killer.
- You Monster!: Whenever the ghost appears, there is a chance that she yells "MURDERER" at you in a creepy spectral voice.