- Anything That Moves - averted. I'm quite picky about both genders
- Berserk Button - Photophobe, not vampire. Seriously.
- Bi the Way - played straight often
- Cool Shades - the basic way of dealing with my condition
- Goggles Do Something Unusual - Welding goggles form a neat defense against unwanted light when I'm not planning to go out that day.
- Growing the Beard - switching from sunglasses to contacts markedly improved my mood with people
- Also literal example between term 1 and 2 of university
- Hellish Pupils - contact lenses, a more advanced alternative to sunglasses, give me black irises that blend with the pupils.
- Hollywood Darkness - played straight, constantly.
- I Am Not Weasel - see Berserk Button
- Insistent Terminology - see Berserk Button
- Scary Shiny Glasses - used to happen a lot in the old sunglasses days
- Sunglasses at Night
- Taught by Television - most of what I know.
- That Came Out Wrong - sooo many: "I'd hate to have to clean out her inbox" and (discussing a sound desk) "Too many knobs and you don't get to play with all of them" are just a couple of good examples.
- "It wasn't a date, I was just going to see her chinchilla"
- The Nicknamer - easier than remembering peoples real names and I believe, more affectionate
Tropers / No Soup 4 Me
No Soup 4 Me is a troper from a little-known country a short ferry trip from France. Its people all wear tweed, have reading glasses and enjoy tea and scones. Only one of those stereotypes doesn't apply to No Soup 4 Me (hint: fashion sense) No Soup 4 Me is among other things, a Drama student, a writer, a comedian, a bisexual and a photophobe. That last one does not mean "afraid of photographs" but is a medical condition where your eyes become hypersensitive to light. Luckily there are a few ways to deal with that. The following tropes are Truth in Television for No Soup 4 Me.