In case you actually want to know stuff about me:
Pages I contribute to (more or less regularly):
Tropes applying to me:
- Adjusting Your Glasses, type 3 (by the bridge). Becoming that much of a habit that I do it even when not wearing glasses, in which case it's more like "Adjusting my- Oops!"
- Fountain of In Jokes: the Japanese textbook I'm trying to learn Japanese with. Emphasis on the "trying", because the "class" consists of me, my dad and a Cool Teacher (who actually still used to study Japanese when we started). The listening comprehension CD was voiced by a cast of The Unintelligibles. The sentences are weird. The characters have all the character of textbook characters. (I use the word character way too often.) The end result are Alternate Character Interpretations such as Ari who becomes a Memetic Molester; or the creation of the Shinkansen Monks and their chant of "とうきょう と きょうと と とうきょう..." (" tōkyō to kyōto to tōkyō ..." - Tokyo and Kyoto and Tokyo and...); and last but not least the Lost Wisdom of Confucius: "One day has twenty-four hours."
- Lady Looks Like a Dude, apparently. The combination of short hair, flattish chest, a seeming allergy to dresses or the color pink (neither of which makes me badass, unfortunately) and general tendency to wear unflattering/figure-concealing clothes have led to me being called "that guy" or "the young gentleman"... Apparently, when I do wear a dress, I don't look too bad, though.
- Meaningful Name: Somewhat. My second name means "gazelle", apparently, and I'm pretty thin. Was actually a Nonindicative Name at first (that's why it's my second name) as I was one fat baby.
- Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic: averted. Even when not falling into What the Hell Is That Accent? territory, I'm mumbling and slurring and pausing at the... weirdest places. Used to actually play it straight as a kid, sometimes falling into Spock Speak ("Do you have a boo-boo?" "No, that is a wound.")
- Smart People Wear Glasses - I definitely look more intellectual with the glasses, and my grades aren't that bad.
- The Unpronouncable: My username, created thanks to me not noticing that "ä" isn't a regular letter. It's supposed to be Haarbällchen, or "furball".
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: This troper has... I have a habit of slipping into "This Troper"-ism.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: I speak Surprisingly Good English for a German (it might have to do with the fact that my dad only spoke English with me until a few years ago), but I need some time to "settle into" my normal General American accent. Anything said before that will be the ugliest possible mix of General American, the British English I was taught at school (particularly egregious with words like "can't"), and my personal accent quirks. It's kind of a reverse Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping.