Trivia: Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Actor Allusion:
- Another character played by John Goodman waves a pistol around in frenzied craze.
- A rather blatant one with Ken Watanabe as The Last Samurai... robot.
- Celebrity Paradox: One of Bumblebee's radio voice clips is from the movie The Big Lebowski, in particular, a quote from John Goodman's character in said movie. John Goodman voices Hound in this movie.
- Dawson Casting: Tessa, who is 17 during the film's events, was born when Cade was a teenager, meaning Cade is at most in his mid thirties. Mark Wahlberg was 42 during filming.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- The guy in the elevator who saves Joyce's bacon is Chinese Olympic gold medalist boxer Zou Shiming.
- Guitar guy during the sequence of Lockdown's ship using its magnet is Han Geng, China's equivalent to Justin Timberlake.
- Katara is Mark Wahlberg's daughter and is just as useful.
- For Youtube fans, Kassem G has an inexplicable (very minor, but still!) role in this movie as one of the unamed Techie guys.
- One of Kelsey Grammer's employees is the Pink Samurai Ranger!
- Why doesn't Savoy just go all smoke monster on people?
- One of Joyce's scientists was once tragically shoved into a wood chipper for the purposes of drama.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Hound is John Goodman.
- Drift is Ken Watanabe.
- Crosshairs is John DiMaggio.
- Galvatron is Frank Welker. (FINALLY)
- In Latin America
- Lying Creator: Bay said that the film was going to be the shortest of the series, with reports of a 120 minute running time floating about. Turns out those reports are false and the running time that has been revealed is 165 minutes, making it the longest of the series so far.
- No Export for You: The tie-in toy line. With most of the "regular" toys being sold under the Generations series, which only gets a wide release in a select few countries, this is the first movie-based TF toy line that (aside from the simplified, gimmicky figures aimed at small kids) doesn't even see a first-wave release in a lot of places of the world.
- The Other Darrin: In a reversal of the animated movie, Frank Welker is this as Galvatron to Hugo Weaving as Megatron.
- What Could Have Been: Concept art shows multiple version of Slash, the Dinobot velociraptor, joining in the final fight.
- Clint Eastwood was originally considered for voicing Lockdown before Mark Ryan was chosen.
- Drift's color scheme was originally intended to be orange and black
- According to Transformers Manager of Global Brand Development Mark Weber at New York Toy Fair 2014, Strafe is named so not because of trademark reasons, but because the film's two-headed design was considered too great a departure from previous Swoop characters.