Trivia: To Catch a Thief
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Passions: #46
- Channel Hop: Among the six movies that Hitchcock directed for Paramount, only this one averted it when rights to four of the other five went to Hitchcock's estate, and Psycho to Universal.
- Dawson Casting: Danielle is a teenager and she says that Francie looks old. She was played by Brigitte Auber, who was 27 at the time, and more than a year older than Grace Kelly.
- Directing Against Type: The movie is markedly different from Hitchcock's usual style.
- Executive Meddling: Hitchock and screenwriter John Michael Hayes clashed alot during production, as Hitchcock wanted the film to go a different way than how Hayes did.
- What Could Have Been: The original script's ending resolves alot more than the actual film's ending does, including the arrest of the Big Bad (though the scene blatantly hints that he and Danielle have a getaway plan in the works.) But apparently much to the scipt writer's dismay, Hitchcock changed it so that the film ends rather abruptly and with a joke. Hitchcock had wanted to do something similar with Strangers on a Train, end the film at Guy's acquittal, but the studio wouldn't let him.