Trivia: Theodore Rex
- Direct-to-Video: Wasn't intended to be such, but some issues meant that there wasn't an option but to do so.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Juliet Landau is the villain's henchwoman. Really.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: While you may not recognize it at first, that is Sephiroth (and The Other Darrin for Superman) as the titular character.
- Money, Dear Boy: Whoopi Goldberg tried to walk away from the movie, but the studio threatened to sue her if she did so. Goldberg decided it would be better to keep her money and go through the filming, not wanting to go into bankruptcy, like Kim Basinger did after walking off Boxing Helena. Unfortunately for Whoopi, if any one movie could be called responsible for taking her from Oscar-caliber box-office draw to mere game- and talk-show host, it's this one.
- Old Shame: For everyone involved with the movie, including New Line.
- What Could Have Been: This film was intended to be in theaters, but poor test screenings and other issues caused it to be released as a Direct-to-Video film.