* DirectToVideo: Wasn't intended to be such, but some issues including poor test screenings meant that there wasn't an option but to do so.
* MoneyDearBoy: Creator/WhoopiGoldberg tried to walk away from the movie, but the studio threatened to sue her if she did so. Goldberg decided it would be better to keep her money and go through the filming, not wanting to go into bankruptcy, like Creator/KimBasinger did after walking off ''Film/BoxingHelena''. Unfortunately for Whoopi, if any one movie could be called responsible for [[StarDerailingRole taking her from Oscar-caliber box-office draw to mere game- and talk-show host]], it's this one.
* OldShame: For everyone involved with the movie, including Creator/NewLineCinema.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Yup, that's [[Creator/GeorgeNewbern Sephiroth]]'s voice coming from the body of an anthro, cookie-loving ''Tyrannosaurus''.
* StarDerailingRole: This movie slapped Whoopi off the A-list, and provides the ImageSource for that trope.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: This film was intended to be in theaters, but poor test screenings and other issues caused it to be released as a DirectToVideo film. It still holds the record for most expensive direct-to-video movie ever made and released by a major studio.