- Development Hell: It took 14 years after the novel came out before the movie was finally made. During this period several scripts were written and discarded, including one by Stephen Hunter himself (he admits that it wasn't very good, commenting "I'm a better novelist than I am a screenwriter"). The plans to make a film of Point of Impact began back in the mid-1990s, with Tommy Lee Jones intended to play Bob Lee Swagger.
- California Doubling: Mostly shot in British Columbia, especially in Vancouver. Others were done in Santa Clarita in California.
- Fake Russian: Josh Stewart as T. Solatov (More specifically of Chechen ethnicity).
- Playing Against Type: Eddie McClintock, best known for playing charmingly cheerful characters, plays the Smug Snake Jerk with a Heart of Jerk Jack Payne.
- Too Soon: The original premiere date of July 19, 2016 was pushed back due to five police officers being killed in Dallas. Due to another similar shooting of Baton Rouge police officers, the show was pulled from the summer schedule and premiered in November instead.
- What Could Have Been: Season 2 was cut from 10 to 8 episodes after Ryan Philippe broke his leg in a UTV accident while on vacation.