For the Video Game:
- Executive Meddling: Creative director Jean-Max Morris stated in an interview that he had people telling him that they couldn't have a female protagonist because most gamers didn't want female protagonists. He was also told that he couldn't involve anything resembling a romance in the game, because making a guy like the player kiss another man would "feel awkward", because apparently having the female player character kiss a man makes the player controlling her gay and that would be uncomfortable.
- Name's the Same: Zero Punctuation jokingly noted that Edge has the same name as the guitarist from U2.
- What Could Have Been: Aside from the aforementioned romantic subplot, Nilin went through a number of different character designs and initially rode around the flooded streets of Neo-Paris on a wakeboard for half the game, and there was a TWEWY-esque game mechanic where you could read the memories of passersby (probably dropped because most of the levels don't even have people you interact with aside from enemies).
- Whole Plot Reference: The basic plot setup resembles that of The Quantum Thief.
For the Film:
- The Cameo: Martha Plimpton appears uncredited playing Allie's mother in the opening.
- Fake American: British Robert Pattinson, Irish Pierce Brosnan and Australian Emilie De Ravin all playing New Yorkers.
- Scully Box: Utilised for scenes between Emilie de Ravin (5 ft 2) and Robert Pattinson (6 ft 1).
- What Could Have Been:
- In early drafts, the Hawkins family were named 'Roth' instead.
- The film's Working Title was 'Memoirs', after Tyler's diary.