Trivia: Reign of Fire
- Billing Displacement: Matthew McConaughey is billed first but Christian Bale is the main character.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Christian Bale starved himself in an attempt to look as underfed as his character. However after seeing Matthew McConaughey, he started trying to build his body too.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- According to Alexander Siddig, his more famous co-actors where rather miffed that the Irish children on the set recognised him as Julian Bashir from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and not them.
- Speaking of Irish kids, one of them is an uncredited Jack Gleeson.
- Bruce Wayne is leading a band of survivors.
- Of course Creedy could say THIS. IS. ENGLAND!!!!
- Playing Against Type: At that point in his career, Matthew McConaughey was mostly known for romantic comedies, playing charming leads with a mop of stylishly messy hair on top of his boyishly handsome face. Here, he's an antihero with a Badass Beard and Bald of Awesome.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Everyone involved was very aware that they were working on what was essentially a B-Film with a ridiculous premise and plot but decided that they'd give it their best shot anyway, hence the impressive special effects and performances.