YMMV: Reign of Fire
- Acceptable Nationality Targets: "Only one thing worse than a dragon. Americans!"
- Critical Dissonance/No Problem with Licensed Games: Both the movie (40% on Rotten Tomatoes) and the games were disliked by critics, but (at the very least) liked by the audience/gamers.
- The story itself is actually refreshing - there aren't many movies where the modern world has been brought to its knees by dragons, and an American Dragon-slaying Unit is an interesting twist - England is usually the setting for those kinds of stories.
- Just Here for Godzilla: In this case, the dragons.
- Narm Charm: Any time Matthew McConaughey is on screen, no exceptions. His final scene is SO Narmy it reaches Crowning Moment of Awesome levels.
- So Bad, It's Good: Director Rob Bowman said that he and everyone else involved on the project were fully aware that they were essentially making a B-Movie but decided to do do the best job they could meaning that the film includes genuine acting and some truly amazing visual effects.
- Special Effect Failure: As Van Zan clims the ladder at the end, the metal bow of his crossbow is bending on each rung behind him, revealing the fact that it is made of rubber.
- Visual Effects of Awesome - The dragons were created by the now-defunct The Secret Lab and did look pretty convincing, to the point that quite a few reviews would say the movie was bad, but the dragons were awesome."