- Actor Allusion: That Rom Stoll shtick Reiji pulls off, he starts it off here. Well, to be exact, Xiaomu says it then tells Reiji to do it. Sadly, he doesn't (in this game at least)
Reiji: Hey, Wait ! Poetry, who does that on this day ? Talk about bad tastes.Xiaomu: People call that "Being caught red handed" !Saya: Huh ... Hey, who ... ?Xiaomu: You don't deserve to know my name ! Come on, tell her Reiji !
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.":
- Name's the Same:
- No Export for You: It was said that the game was originally going to be released in the US, however Namco backed out at the last instance because a lot of their characters being unknown. Their loss. Moreso if you consider the fact that they threw in Bravoman for the Virtual Console. However, a group defied this trope by releasing a patch which translated the whole game into English. Still a moot point if you don't have a Japanese, modded PlayStation 2 or an emulator and the time to download the game.
- The Other Darrin: A few characters have undergone seiyuu changes (such as Ryotaro Okiayu as Captain Commando, taking over from Takashi Nagasako in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, or Yuka Imai voicing Lilith instead of Hiroko Konishi), but a good number of the pre-voiced characters retained their respective VAs. In fact, some characters hailing from series where voice changes were a frequent event (i.e. Street Fighter) actually brought back some of the past seiyuu for reprisals.
- Talking to Himself: Many examples of this, due to the size of the cast.