Trivia: Jonny Quest
- Doing It for the Art: The World War I biplanes in "Shadow of the Condor".
- Fountain of Expies: The main cast are iconic action/adventure characters.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jonny was voiced by Tim Matheson (credited as Tim Matthieson), who, besides extensive live-action work in TV and film, would also do voice-work on Sinbad, Jr., Space Ghost, Batman: The Animated Series, and The Legend of Calamity Jane. The first voice of Dr. Quest was John Stephenson, who did a lot of voice work for Hanna-Barbera. The second voice of Dr. Quest was Don Messick, the voice of Ranger Smith, Boo Boo, Papa Smurf and Scooby-Doo (and Bandit).note
- The Other Darrin: As noted, Don Messick replaced John Stephenson as Dr. Quest.
- What Could Have Been: An article in Television Chronicles stated that Hanna-Barbera had planned at least 39 episodes for the '80s run of Jonny Quest. The dismal ratings and negative reaction played a part in the series' cancellation after episode 13.
- Jessie Bradshaw was originally conceived as a character that would appear in a few episodes of the '80s series as a female counterpart to Jonny. When it came down to the actual episodes that were finished, she only appeared in "Deadly Junket". The misconception that she was a regular new addition comes from the writer stating his original plan, as well as fans confusing her with the later Jessie Bannon incarnation.