Trivia: Jonny Quest
- Doing It for the Art: The World War I biplanes in "Shadow of the Condor".
- Fountain of Expies: The main cast are iconic action/adventure characters.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jonny was voiced by Tim Matheson (credited as Tim Matthieson), who, besides extensive live-action work in TV and film, would also do voice-work on Sinbad, Jr., Space Ghost, Batman: The Animated Series, and The Legend of Calamity Jane. The first voice of Dr. Quest was John Stephenson, who did a lot of voice work for Hanna-Barbera. The second voice of Dr. Quest was Don Messick, the voice of Ranger Smith, Boo Boo, Papa Smurf and Scooby-Doo (and Bandit).note
- In the 1980s series, Jeffrey Tambor (The Larry Sanders Show, Arrested Development, Transparent) did several voices such as Hard Rock and Dr. Bradshaw in "Deadly Junket", and Dr. Zin in the two TV movies.
- Scott Menville voiced Jonny in the '80s series, while Rob Paulsen played Hadji.
- Quinton Flynn voiced Jonny in Jonny Quest The Real Adventures.
- The Other Darrin: As noted, Don Messick replaced John Stephenson as Dr. Quest.
- What Could Have Been: An article in Television Chronicles stated that Hanna-Barbera had planned at least 39 episodes for the '80s run of Jonny Quest. The dismal ratings and negative reaction played a part in the series' cancellation after episode 13.
- Jessie Bradshaw was originally conceived as a character that would appear in a few episodes of the '80s series as a female counterpart to Jonny. When it came down to the actual episodes that were finished, she only appeared in "Deadly Junket". The misconception that she was a regular new addition comes from the writer stating his original plan, as well as fans confusing her with the later Jessie Bannon incarnation.