Trivia: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
- Dawson Casting: All the teenage characters were played by actors in their early-mid 20s.
- Enforced Method Acting: Averted. During the filming, much care was taken to ensure that Danielle Harris, who played Jamie, was not frightened, especially by the actor playing Michael, who repeatedly removed his mask in order to reassure her that he was not going to hurt her.
- What Could Have Been: There was some discussion of killing off Michael for real at the end, and making Jamie the new killer.
- Carpenter did pen a script for the film, though it was far more cerebral and Michael was more akin to a psychic force (as in this version, he was actually dead).
- One early draft had Ben Meeker dying while fighting Michael. The house was also to be set on fire starting at the basement (hence giving them a good reason for running on the roof).