* CriticalResearchFailure: Sheriff Meeker and co. are "Haddonfield Police," despite Haddonfield being in Warren County (or Livingstone County depending on the movie). Consequently, they should be portrayed as county police because sheriffs are county - not town - law enforcement.
* DawsonCasting: All the teenage characters were played by actors in their early-mid 20s.
* EnforcedMethodActing: Averted. During the filming, much care was taken to ensure that Danielle Harris, who played Jamie, was not frightened, especially by the actor playing Michael, who repeatedly removed his mask in order to reassure her that he was not going to hurt her.
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: As mention above, the actor playing Michael would try to comfort Danielle Harris between takes.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: There was some discussion of killing off Michael for real at the end, and making ''Jamie'' the new killer.
** Carpenter did pen a script for the film, though it was far more cerebral and Michael was more akin to a psychic force (as in this version, he was actually dead).
** One early draft had Ben Meeker dying while fighting Michael. The house was also to be set on fire starting at the basement (hence giving them a good reason for running on the roof).
** Rebecca Schaeffer had also auditioned for Rachel, and Creator/MelissaJoanHart was a top contender to play Jamie.