- Big Name Fan: Warren Ellis is on record as considering the graphic novel his favourite of all time.
- Bonus Material: Part of the experience of reading From Hell is going through the two appendices, one being an in-depth explanation of themes and scenes, the other being the Dance of The Gull Catchers, a brief history of Ripperology.
- Disowned Adaptation: Alan Moore completely washed his hands of the film, knowing that it was different from his book. This wouldn't be the last time he did this.
- Doubling for London: Prague, using backlot sets rather than city streets.
- Fake Brit:
- Missing Trailer Scene: The line "Jack the Ripper's not finished", was included in several previews, is not in the film itself.
- What Could Have Been: