Trivia: Deep Rising
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $45 million. Box office, $11 million.
- Dueling Movies: With Alien: Resurrection. They came out from within a year of each other, and featured very similar plots.
- As did Virus, the year after.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Andy Brown has a pretty sweet boat, with Beni as his mechanic. Jean Grey is a classy thief. Sagat leads a crew of mercenaries, of which include Kano and Joseph Cinque (who is also Korath the Pursuer). Dr. Chilton is in cahoots with the mercs. Guess looking after Hannibal didn't pay well.
- The Other Marty: Claire Forlani was cast as Trillian, but dropped out just a few days into filming citing Creative Differences with the director, and Famke Janssen eventually took her place.
- Trailers Always Lie: The trailers depict it as a standard monster movie. There's a lot more to it than that.
- Trailers Always Spoil: Disney was really bad about this in the trailer and video cover. The trailer basically shows you nearly all of the second half (despite the fact that you could have cut a really good trailer with just the first act) while the video cover depicts the film's climax.