Trivia: Clarissa Explains It All
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Melissa Joan Hart, who would go on to star in Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- And a boy Clarissa liked was Dawson.
- And little brat Elsie Soperstein was Michelle Trachtenberg.
- Backstage Edition: And would you believe that Suzanne Collins (the same one who is now famous for The Hunger Games trilogy) used to write for the show?
- Another Backstage "Hey, It's That Guy!" (albeit a more obscure one): The show creator was Matthew Laurance, a one-time feature player on Saturday Night Live, during its critically abysmal sixth season. Laurence's only claims to fame on the show at that time was (a) his celebrity impression of mafioso Jimmy "The Weasel" Fratianno, and (b) he had a twin brother (Mitchell) who wrote for the show.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Season one got a DVD release and is even popular enough that 7 episodes of it are on PlayStation Network. The other 4 seasons? Not so much.
- Subverted recently for Seasons 2,3 and 4. The first four seasons are now avaliable to stream on Hulu. Played straight with most of season 5, as only the first three episodes are on Hulu.
- What Could Have Been: In 1995, a spin-off called Clarissa Now was pitched to CBS. It would have shown Clarissa as a college student in New York, working as an intern for a newspaper.
- Interestingly, that was almost the exact same career path that Melissa Joan Hart's next character, Sabrina, did follow after high school. This has led to more than a few people joking that they didn't know it was two separate shows, and just assumed that Clarissa woke up and discovered she was a witch.