Trivia: Cabin Fever
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Cerina Vincent, who plays Marcy was the exchange student from Not Another Teen Movie. She also was a Power Ranger. Yes.
- The guy who plays Jeff, you might remember as one of the stoners briefly seen in Super Troopers
- Jordan Ladd, who plays Karen, is the daughter of Charlie's Angel Cheryl Ladd. Anyone else see the family resemblance?
- Similarly Named Works: A lot of people were quick to notice not only how similar The Cabin in the Woods' title and premise (at least what could be gleamed of it during production) was to Cabin Fever, but also how incredibly similar its original pre-release poster was to the Cabin Fever poster.
- For an added bonus, both movies feature former Power Rangers - Cerina Vincent and Anna Hutchison. Both actresses are playing The Whore, both go topless and both die first. Oh and both were the Yellow Rangers too.
- Enforced Method Acting: Cerina Vincent's depressed demeanor during her final scenes (after Jeff breaks up with her) was enhanced by the filming conditions - It was well after midnight for most of those scenes and the set was freezing cold. As if that wasn't enough, you'll remember that poor Cerina was buck naked for most of those scenes. Also, she hadn't even expected to film those scenes on that particular day. Some accidents on set meant that the filming schedule had to be changed on the fly, meaning that Cerina suddenly had to prepare for sex and nude scenes she thought weren't being filmed for some time yet.
- The awkwardness during the impromptu sex scene between Cerina and Rider Strong drew from the genuine awkwardness between the two actors at the time - particularly their involuntary bodily responses to the "action". Rider Strong reportedly said to Cerina Vincent, while the scene was being filmed that it was "Very Unsexy." His character seems to have the exact same sediments.
- Turned Up to Eleven during the bathtub scene, as Cerina Vincent, once again buck naked on a freezing cold set was sitting in a cold bathtub full of goo and fake blood associated with her prosthetic makeup. While completely sanitary, Cerina reveals on the DVD commentary that it felt extremely ickky.
- Jordan Ladd's distress during her final "faceless" scene was genuine as she had just moments earlier seen herself with the gruesome mask on in a mirror for the first time and the sight reportedly drove her to tears.
- Those Two Actors: Cerina Vincent and Joey Kern, the hot-and-heavy boyfriend/girlfriend duo from this movie reunited a few years later to play husband and wife in a movie called Complacent.
- Deleted Scene: Several:
- A scene where Paul throws one of the dying rednecks who were trying to kill him in to the cabins previously unseen basement. The original release only had a brief mention at the end by the authorities about "finding a dead body in the basement", with no explanation to the audience about who they were talking about.
- Bert's death is shown in explicit detail, namely, his head getting blown to pieces by a shotgun.
- A brief extra scene during the night before the final day. In it, we see that Jeff is now sleeping in bed alone and his girlfriend, Marcy, is now sleeping (fully clothed) with Paul. This alludes to a fight between Jeff and Marcy, and also Marcy growing closer with Paul, a plot point that culminates with their sexual affair the following morning.
- Billing Displacement/Dead Star Walking: Rider Strong doesn't make it past the opening credits. He's still the top billed.