Trivia: Black Butler
- Actor Allusion: Claude: "Yes, Your Majesty."
- John Swasey voices a Shinigami called the Undertaker in the English dub, although this wouldn't be the first time he's voiced a Grim Reaper.
- Fake Brit: In the English dub, Elizabeth has a loud and rough accent when a lady of her high status would have a posh accent and be taught to speak more quietly, especially when in a party surrounded by strangers. In fact almost all of the Brits have accents vaguely reminiscent of a certain mischievous chimney-sweep.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- The live action adaptation has Kamen Rider Kabuto star Hiro Mizushima who happens to be playing Sebastian.
- Creator Toboso Yana specifically insisted on Mizushima, believing he was the only Japanese actor capable of pulling off the role and saying that if they couldn't get him they might as well cancel the film. Bear in mind, Mizushima retired from acting three years before to focus on his career as a novelist.