Trivia: Big Trouble in Little China
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $20 million (not counting marketing costs), $25 million (counting them). Box office, $11.1 million.
- Executive Meddling: The first scene was added later at the insistence of Studio Executives who just didn't get the Supporting Protagonist story line. This may explain why it doesn't really fit with the way the movie ends.
- Fake American: Kim Cattrall (English-Canadian) as Gracie Law (American).
- What Could Have Been: This was originally conceived as a Western with magical kung fu with Jack Burton character as a drifter. Then, it was retooled as a sequel to The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. That said, a sequel was considered but the film did not do well in theaters.
- However, on June 4, 2014, the comic series by BOOM! Studios started. It is written by Eric Powell and John Carpenter with artwork by Brian Churilla, and continues from where the film left off.