- Say what you will about Jack Burton's dorkiness, but he DOES get to kill the villain: Lo Pan throws Jack's knife at him, then Jack almost casually catches it and puts it right between Lo Pan's eyes!
Jack Burton: It's all in the reflexes.
- All the fight scenes are very well choreographed. Such as the street fight and Wang VS Rain.
- Egg Shen's duel with David Lo Pan. Any sorcerers worth their salt can engage in a Wizard Duel; but to make their Beam-O-War transform into a pair of spirit warriors who engage in an epic slow-motion swordfight? That, you don't see every day.
- Wang kicking ass at the Arcade. Especially him running around the arch upside down.
- Awesome Music: It IS a John Carpenter film after all.
- The opening. It may be an orphaned How We Got Here moment, but it walks you right through what kind of film this is gonna be. From the minute you see lightning crackle between Egg Shen's fingers, you know this is going straight past Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane and into a Wuxia World of Weirdness!