Works with their own trivia pages:
Trivia for the franchise in general:
- Cash Cow Franchise: Candy, dolls, masks, the aforementioned board game, video games, a dance album, a phone line where Freddy tells you scary stories...you name it. Enough so that New Line Cinema is sometimes called "The House That Freddy Built"; it was their first big success, and basically put the studio on the map.
- Image Source: This series provides the page image for:
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Robert Englund's widely considered a nice and talkative guy (in fact, the chattering sometimes complicated the make-up artists' job).
- The Other Darrin:
- Jackie Earl Haley took over the role of Freddy Krueger from Robert Englund in the remake.
- Kristen was portrayed by Patricia Arquette in Dream Warriors, and Tuesday Knight in The Dream Master.
- Type Casting: Robert Englund played Freddy in all of the original films and Freddy vs. Jason. Apart from all the makeup it requires, he does enjoy the role. The whole "typecasting" thing was lovingly mocked on MA Dtv early in that show's run, when Englund did a guest spot for a Halloween Episode. During his appearance, everyone kept describing Englund, as his big claim to fame, his other famous genre role of "Willie", the comic relief alien from the original V mini-series. Englund responds quite angrily, pointing out to each cast member who calls him "Willie", that he played Freddy Kruger in the Nightmare on Elm Street films. But everyone keeps referring to him as "The guy who played Willie on V" instead of "the Nightmare On Elm Street guy", much to his dismay and anger.
- Vapor Ware:
- The reality television show Real Nightmares, which had six episodes made but never aired.
- The Freddy Vs. Jason video game.
- The Wiki Rule: The A Nightmare On Elm Street Wiki, seen here.
- What Could Have Been: The NES game was originally going to have the player be Freddy, as he takes on the kids himself. This was probably changed due to fear of possible controversy.
- Wes Craven chose to give Freddy his trademark clawed glove after seeing his cat clawing his couch, and realized that fear of claws is a Primal Fear that has been with humans since prehistoric times, when we were still regularely preyed on by big cats.