Trivia: Wes Craven's New Nightmare
- Acclaimed Flop: This film is considered one of the best A Nightmare on Elm Street installments. It's also the lowest grossing of them all (though it recouped its budget twice).
- Acting for Two: Robert Englund plays Robert Englund, Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger and Freddy Krueger.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The earthquakes L.A. suffered were real, and struck the film during mid-production. Craven wove it into the plot.
- Reality Subtext: Heather Langenkamp actually suffered a stalker in real life.
- What Could Have Been:
- Craven wanted to have Johnny Depp appear in the film, but was too afraid to ask; after the film's release, Depp met with Craven and said he would have gladly made an appearance.
- A scene was written wherein Freddy confronted Robert Englund, appearing as a spider or something similar, but plans for it got scrapped.
- A scene in which Wes Craven, terrified of his own creation, has cut off his eyelids to stay awake (a la one unseen victim mentioned in Dream Warriors) was also scrapped, in part because Wes didn't think he was up to selling such a performance.
- Working Title: A Nightmare on Elm Street 7: The Ascension