If you ever have any sympathy for any characters
, there are some moments:
- The Depressing Comic Week ones.
- Also, the latter part of Waiting for the Bus, in a weird way.
- The saddest bit is the 50 mph Man loses the Indy 500 and soon becomes a total wreck, with alcohol abuse and smashing all his trophies. Eventually he robs a liquor store, ends up in jail and his wife is forced to divorce him. He soon becomes an old man sitting in the former stadium dedicated to him. Then one day, in a rainy night, he starts running again...only to smash into a wall due to poor eyesight and die. Soon, the stadium becomes a memorial park. The Bus Driver stops and sees the sign...weeps...and then the bus explodes. What a Downer Ending.
- The Barbershop Quartet fail to save a man.
- The short Missing Daughter goes from one Tear Jerker at the beginning to a completely different one halfway through.
- Sad Larry, Sad, Sad Larry, and It's A Sad Christmas, Larry.