Series: The Naked Brothers Band
The Naked Brothers Band (2007-2009), which started out as an independent film, is a show about two boys, Nat and Alex Wolff, who have a successful band. Most of the episodes feature the boys' music.As a side note, series producer/head writer/stars' mom Polly Draper wrote herself out of an on-camera role by making the boys' "mother" "dead", despite her husband and sons using their real names. Thus possibly becoming the first person in the history of the entertainment industry to literally commit career suicide.And no, none of the characters are naked. The band name was made up on the fly when Nat and Alex were singing in the bathtub.Can be argued to be part of the Nick Verse due to Miranda Cosgrove showing up As Herself. That would mean Polly Draper has written her death into over half a dozen other series.There is currently a petition to bring back the reruns on Nick and TeenNick
This series provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless - To the point where every adult seems to be mentally challenged.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents - As a meta-example a serious candidate for the all-time record.
- Bigger Than Jesus - A member of the band tells the press that they're "Bigger than Santa Claus."
- Black Best Friend - Qaasim.
- The Cast Showoff
- Child Popstar: The eponymous band.
- The Documentary
- Growing Up Sucks - Remember that sweet little indie movie? What's cute when you're eight and your "fans" are grown-up is annoying when you're 13 and your real fans are mostly eight.
- Hilarity Ensues - Boy, does it ever.
- Merchandise-Driven - The band actually have their music and merchandise out in stores.
- Mockumentary - Though most of the Camera Tricks tropes that would be used in a mockumentary or The Documentary have been averted.
- Older Than They Look - Nat was 13-15 when the show aired, but looked about 10.
- One-Episode Wonder: Supetastic 6
- Parental Abandonment - Nat and Alex's dad is the only parent around, and he's absent in favor of doing other things.
- Prince and Pauper: in "Bar Mitzvah"
- Samus Is a Girl - Juanita.
- Stage Mom: The writer herself (their mother) defied this by writing herself as dead in-series.
- Take That - 80% of the references to it on this wiki, for starters.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Alex's Old Glory bandanna.
- Word Salad Title