Series / The Creatives
A BBC Brit Com
from the 1990s about an advertising company called The Creatives
, featuring Roger Allam
. It ran for two series
and is something of a Cult Classic
, although hard to come by.
The complete series can be viewed on YouTube
Provides examples of:
- Accidental Innuendo: Tanya warns Charlie she will be "in him like a ton of pricks."
- After he comes out much of the advert Greg appears in comes across as this.
- The Alcoholic: Charlie.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Tanya and Ben's date in episode two.
- Auto Erotica: When Ben finally snaps and becomes jealous, Tanya is... pleased to say the least.
- British Brevity: Only two series were commissioned.
- Butt-Monkey: Ben.
- The Casanova: Charlie, or so he'd have you believe.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Tanya. Oh so much.
- Death as Comedy: Episode Three of the first series.
- Death Glare: Finlay has a pretty impressive one.
- Dodgy Toupee: Jim Haldane. As Charlie says "I thought the hair was real and the rest of him was fake."
- Everybody Knew Already: Everyone knows that Lauren and Robbie are having an affair but most choose not to comment.
- Fanservice: For some, Charlie's shirtless scene in episode three.
- Freudian Slip: "Theres plenty of time to give you head Rhona...err give your head." Fortunately, she seems largely oblivious.
- Funny Foreigner: Arabella Weir as the Italian Tanya.
- Henpecked Husband: Poor Ben.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ben and Robbie.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": Charlie and "The Champ".
- Kavorka Man: Robbie, who somehow manages to coax Lauren into having sex with him, largely due to him looking good in a Batman costume. This appears to be a long-running fetish for Lauren who also slept with Charlie when he was dressed as Winnie-the-Pooh.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Rhona sometimes comes across as this.
- Not So Above It All: Lauren.
- Of Corpse He's Alive: Finlay in episode three.
- Retroactive Recognition: Roger Allam (the original Inspector Javert) and Arabella Weir (The Fast Show) both appeared in The Creatives largely before they were well known.
- Sexy Secretary: Rhona, much to Tanya's disapproval.
- Straight Gay: Greg, the hunky actor.
- Stylistic Suck: Much of the company's output.
- Ultimate Job Security: Rhona's never going to be fired due to Charlie's rather obvious feelings for her.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Robbie the tubby and unkempt never-was ends up in a serious relationship with Lauren, who is sophisticated and pretty.