Series: Swift And Shift Couriers
An Australian comedy television series first screened on SBS TV in October 2008, Swift and Shift Couriers was produced, directed and written by Paul Fenech, who also was responsible for comedy series Pizza. It is set around the staff who work at the ‘Swift and Shift’ Courier Company in the central business district of Sydney.Followed by the Spiritual Successor, Housos.
The show provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Keith Warne. Kev and his cousins also drink, as well.
- Ambiguous Disorder: George, despite being slow.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Luigi and Mario.
- Black Comedy
- Butt Monkey: Several characters but George is treated the worst.
- Grumpy Bear: David gets really aggressive and Pauly even tells him not to be a grumpy little smurf. Abdul, Sole and Doreen also count. Also, this is what Jim would be like when he has enough of everyone can't understand him.
- Grumpy Old Man: Bill Beazley
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Almost Everyone has this trait.
- Heavy Sleeper: Jim Spooner. In 'Big Box' He was asleep a whole time and Alex mentions that he took the sleeping pills by accident. Keith wanted to wake Jim up. Later, everyone at the depot puts Jim in a big box and the Indian drivers comes and collect it, only for Jim to wake up in the end.
- Jerkass: Several characters fit the bill.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The whole of Keith's depot.
- Sensitive Guyand Manly Man: Oliver's Sensitive Guy to Mario's Manly Man.
- Shout-Out: Mario's courier van has a figurine of Mario in it.
- Those Two Guys: Mark and Mike Tanner and also Bill and Jen Beazley.
- There's even Two Tradies as seen in 'Safety Inspector'.
- Worldof Badass