I Hear Your Voice
(너의 목소리가 들려 / Neoui Moksoriga Deulryeo, I Can Hear Your Voice
) is an 18 episode Korean Drama
which aired on the network SBS in 2013, starring Lee Bo Young, Lee Jong Suk, and Yoon Sang Hyun.
As a young boy, Park Soo Ha (Lee Jong Suk) gains the ability to read minds after both he and his father are injured in a car crash while on a trip to the aquarium. The crash was in fact premeditated by the other driver Min Joong Gook, who bludgeons Soo Ha's father to death once he discovers that the crash didn't kill him. Soo Ha is saved from a similar fate when the teenage girl Jang Hye Sung (Lee Bo Young) interrupts the scene. Later, Hye Sung's testimony in court puts Min Joong Gook in jail for murder, and he swears revenge against Hye Sung and her family.
Ten years later, Hye Sung is now a very jaded and lazy lawyer who lands a position as a public defender along with the dorky Cha Kwan Woo (Yoon Sang Hyun). Soo Ha is now a high school senior, who still has his telepathic abilities and has been looking for Hye Sung for the past ten years. He is extremely disappointed to meet the dispassionate person Hye Sung has become, but with Min Joong Gook recently released from prison, that is the least of their worries...
This series provides examples of:
- The Ace: Soo Ha is the best fighter in his school and tops all his subjects.
- Always Identical Twins: Hye Sung's second case as a public defender involves a pair of these.
- Amnesiac Hero
- Berserk Button: threatening Hye Sung in any way is Soo Ha's.
- Crusading Lawyer: Cha Kwan Woo, who is extremely idealistic.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Lawyer Cha.
- Soo Ha actually renders Hye Sung temporarily speechless when she sees him in a suit for the first time.
- Hello, Attorney!: Hye Sung, Kwan Woo, Do Yeon and Yoon Chang are all working in the legal field and all very attractive. Do Yeon's unnamed prosecutor partner is pretty cute too.
- He Who Fights Monsters
- If You Kill Him, You Will Be Just Like Him: How Hye Sung tries to dissuade Soo Ha from killing Min Joong Gook.
- Killed Off for Real: Hye Sung's mother.
- Loophole Abuse: Happens frequently as part of courtroom drama.
- Love Dodecahedron: Choong Ki likes Seung Bin, while Seung Bin likes Soo Ha, who likes Hye Sung, who doesn't see him as a possible love interest and is interested in starting a relationship with Kwan Woo, who is a Dogged Nice Guy for her.
- Psychic Powers: Soo Ha's telepathy, as well as Hye Sung's mom's premonitions.
- Rescue Romance: An interesting variation as it's the girl who saves the guy, resulting in a 10 year long crush.
- Scheherezade Gambit: How Hye Sung got her job as a public defender, despite being completely unprepared for the interview and being less qualified than her competitors.
- Telepathy: Soo Ha's abilities apparently require direct eye contact to work, and seems to be due to brain injuries sustained in the car crash.
- Threw My Bike on the Roof: Hye Sung kicks a teenager's ball into the street because it splashed water against her legs. Later, the teen complains it got squished by a car.
- Undying Loyalty: Soo Ha for Hye Sung, though he tries to cover it up by being a Sarcastic Devotee.