Series: Crazy Like a Fox
Crazy Like a Fox is an American television series set in San Francisco, California, that aired on CBS from December 30, 1984 to May 3, 1986. The series starred Jack Warden as Harry Fox, a free-spirited private detective who lived by his wits and John Rubinstein as his high-strung attorney son Harrison who unwillingly and frequently found himself dragged into his father's cases.
- Cunning Like a Fox:
- Drives Like Crazy: Harry Fox
- Happily Married: Harrison and Cindy
- Outside Ride: Harrison ends up clinging to the windscreen of a car during an chase in one episode. The scene is used in the show's Title Sequence.
- Poorly Disguised Pilot: The Reunion Movie Still Crazy Like A Fox, filmed a year after the show was cancelled, was intended to revive interest in the concept.
- Screwed by the Network: Was still getting respectable ratings during its second season airing between Murder, She Wrote and Trapper John M.D., but CBS cancelled both it and Trapper in order to add a movie night to compete with the other networks. Ironically the next year one of those movies was the reunion movie/pilot Still Crazy Like A Fox. Again it received respectable ratings, yet CBS again passed on new episodes.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Referred to in the Title Sequence:Harrison: (answers phone) Hello?Harry: Harrison, I need your help.Harrison: Dad, you keep forgetting I'm a lawyer. You're the detective.Harry: Oh, come on son, all I need is a ride. What could possibly happen?